Prince 2PRINCE2 (an acronym for Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate
MS Project 2013This course is designed for those who are new to Microsoft Project 2013, as well as those who are upgrading to 2013 from previous versions of the software. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a great tool for anyone whose job involves managing many people and resources. The only requirement is access to the Microsoft Project 2013 program. This course covers setting up project files, creating tasks, assigning resources, working with views, and using baseline calculations to track progress. Plus, learn how to report project information and share it with others.
- Choosing the right Project edition
- Creating and saving projects
- Setting up calendars
- Creating individual and recurring tasks
- Linking and timing tasks
- Assigning tasks to resources
- Viewing your data differently with sorting, grouping, and filtering
- Fine-tuning the project schedule
- Understanding baseline, schedule, and actual values
- Reporting on the project status
- Sharing projects
National Certificate in Project Management NQF 4 SAQA ID 50080The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with:
A foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies.
- Competence to be an effective project team member.
- Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
- Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects.
The learners accessing this qualification will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors.
This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system. Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively and in a professional manner, add value to their job performance and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures.
On achieving the applied competencies of the Qualification, learners may advance their career opportunities further into project administration, support services or management within an organisation, in all sectors.
Contact Us for more Information.